April 1st to July 31st – Accepting applications
August to September – Applications Reviews
October – Video Interviews
November – Scholarship Awarded
- We will accept submissions from current HSC, or university students from Bangladesh. The winners will be required to send us proof of their academic status or enrollment.
- SSC/HSC GPA >80%
- A current and complete transcript of grades. Certificates alone are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course.
Write an essay on the topics below:
- Tell us about yourself and your family.
- What is your greatest strength and weakness?
- What are your career goals?
- What would you bring to your community after graduation?
- Why you deserve this scholarship?
Your essay must:
- Have a word count of 1500-2500 words (excluding title, header, and works cited page)
- Be written in English
- Be 100% plagiarism-free
- Be submitted in .doc or .docx format
- The filename should be [Lucid Hope Scholarship Writing First_Last Name]
- Incomplete application will be declined automatically.
All submitted works will be evaluated by the Lucid Hope Scholarship Board based on the following criteria:
- Grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Any plagiarisms or falsifying information will result in automatic disqualifications
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Financial need
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Evaluation of essay
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- Educators recommendation letters (optional)
Top 5 will be determined based on our Board’s evaluation and selected for video interview.
Board will select 1 Champion and 2 Runner Ups for Lucid Hope Scholarship by November 15th and winners will be published on this website.
To receive their awards, the winners must provide proof of enrollment or study. If they cannot or will not provide this confirmation, the award will be given to the next appropriate participant in line.
The scholarship fund intends to be used for educational expenses only.
Board reserve the right to have ultimate decision in the selection process.